Thursday, August 17, 2006

It's been a while

I should be writing more, but life has gotten busy again. It really should't be an excuse. I just haven't felt inspired to write much. But some great things have been happening.

I still love being Catholic. I love going to Mass. I can't explain it and that is the beauty of it. It is truly the grace of God I receive every week in the Eucharist. I am still not even close to perfection, but I am in a much better place than I've ever been.

I have been singing in a Diocesan choir which is made of people from different parishes. It has been really cool to sing in such a large and talented group. We are singing several pieces in Latin and others that are in both Spanish and English. It's been fun but I'm probably stretching myself too thin again. We are singing at the closing Mass of the Eucharistic Congress. I am really looking forward to that. I will have the opportunity to attend a few sessions there and I am going to go to one on apologetics.

I am disappointed, however, that I won't be able to go to adult faith formation classes this year at Church. Our priest is being stretched quite thin right now and will not have time to teach it. I will probably attend the RCIA sessions again just to keep myself going and let the information sink in.

So that's all for now. It's bed time for me and I must be heading there soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Annabel,
I am so glad I ran across your blog. I am considering leaving the Episcopal church for Catholicism.
Kudos for your honesty. I am also divorced (remarried, yes I know I'll have to get an annulment)but I also went through some of the same experiences you did. Email me if you'd like, I'd love to chat.
Nancy