Wednesday, September 13, 2006

A long overdue post

I do feel bad that I haven't posted much. With school starting, it is so busy. I have kind of had the funks lately, but am coming out of that. I've contemplated my purpose and God's will and still haven't come up with answers. My friend Carol told me tonight that God is trying to teach me patience and I certainly agree... but haven't quite learned the lesson yet. At least I'm trying but should try a bit more I suppose.

I am still going to Mass and still love it. On labor day weekend, I was in Albuquerque (well near it) and I went to a mission church out there. It was kind of different, but interesting. The songs were sung in Spanish so I couldn't participate much.

Tonight I went to RCIA class. I know I just went through it, but I still feel the need to keep learning. I think this time that a lot of it can really sink in. I felt very inspired being there tonight. It was a pretty full room (well, full for our church) with about 17 people there. I feel excited for the people there and I really hope that all or at least most of the stay with it and join the Church.

After class I met with one lady that had questions about annulments. She was asking them of my friend Carol who works in the tribunal office, but was kind enough to allow me to stay. We had a nice long conversation and I am very excited about her enthusiasm. I see a lot of myself in her. I will be praying for her and that her journey is as fulfilling as mine.

I was disappointed earlier this summer to learn that our priest wasn't going to be teaching an adult faith formation class. I did learn tonight, however, that some other men of the Church are trying to put together an apologetics class and I am very excited about it!

Well, that's all the updates for now. Perhaps I'll be able to start posting more again with classes happening again. Stay tuned.

No comments: