Wednesday, October 05, 2005

RCIA week 4

Well, it's been a month of RCIA. I still enjoy going and time is passing so very quickly with everything going on. Although I'm still not learning a lot of new information, I do enjoy the discussion that happens in class and hearing the other questions that people are asking. Many are the same questions that I had as I was searching for answers. The thing is that I'm too impatient to wait for them. I have to look them up and find them out for myself. There's still a few things that I do need to learn and I haven't really taken the time to read EVERYTHING about the Church.
Tonight's lesson was on the Mass. Once again, because I've studied it and have participated in it for the past several months, it's something I already know a great deal about. But the video we watched tonight was interesting and I did learn a few new things.
I was disappointed that several people couldn't come tonight. I know that people get busy and things come up, but it would take a lot to keep me away. I can't learn anything or grow if I don't attend. It's like going to Mass... it's a mortal sin to miss it. I think that when one doesn't go it seems easier for sin to creep in. I think Mass helps keep us focused on God. And so far it has. I know that I could do a better job in my prayer life, but I do know that I'm trying to live a more exemplary life.
So my journey continues.

No comments: