Wednesday, October 26, 2005

RCIA week 7

The Saints. That was tonight's discussion. I wish I had more time to read on the lives of the Saints, but it's on a long to do list of things I want to learn more about.

Eventually we will be choosing a confirmation name based on a Saint. I've kind of had mine decided for a while, but it's not completely definite. I will try to read some more. I found a website, of course, where I could look up names of Saints based on what they represent like St. Francis of Assisi is the patron Saint of animals etc. I was drawn to St. Cecelia as a Saint of musicians. The thing is that as I've read her story, I've discovered that she may be more of a legend than real as there is doubts to her story. But it is still a lovely story none-the-less. But the thing about her is that her Saint "day" is November 22 which is same day that my mother passed away. Some might think it weird to honor that day, but I see it as the day that my mother began her journey to heaven.

I am also drawn to St. Ann for a few reasons as well. One, it's the name of the Church I call home. It is related to my name (screen and real). And it's the first card on a Saint I received. I've also prayed to her to intercede on my behalf and all of the prayers have been answered.

So it's a lot to think about and more to read, but I do love having the Saints there for us. They are examples of how we should live our lives.

And since I promised myself to be in bed by 10 and it's now 10:15 I must go and I hope to write more late. I still have several things to post about, but maybe after the time change this weekend and I can get it done... but don't hold your breath.

No comments: