Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Thankfulness

I am thankful for so many things this year. So please indulge me.

I am thankful for my son. He is the best thing that has happened to me. I love him dearly and am so very proud of him. He is a remarkable young man.
I am thankful for my family. We're not necessarily close, but we are there for each other and we have a good time when we are together. And I'll get to spend time with all of them on Thanksgiving.
I am thankful for the Catholic Church. I am still surprised that God called me to this journey when I didn't think I was ready, but I've since realized that our plans may not be God's, but He tends to make a good call from time to time. O.k. He always does, although sometimes it takes a while for it to sink in. I love the Church and it has become home for me.
I am thankful for my friend, Carol, who has been my guide in this process. She is a wonderful lady that is a great example of the faith and I appreciate her so very much.
I am thankful for my job. It took great consideration to go back to teaching, but I think it was a wise choice. I had fear and dread about it, but it has been a pleasant surprise. And we are covered by health insurance so all the better.
I am thankful for my home. Even though I moan and complain sometimes when I have to deal with the sewer line and other issues that spring up, I have a place to live that is all mine. Although I still miss my mother, her passing (which was inevitable) made it possible for us to have a place to live.
I am thankful for my friends, in real life and online. They have been great sources of comfort and companionship.
And finally I am most thankful to God, Christ, the Holy Spirit, all the Angels and Saints for more than my words could ever express.

Although this list is not even near complete for everything that I am thankful for, these things are at the top of my mind as we enter into this holiday. May all of you that read my blog be blessed and enjoy your holiday that I hope is spent with those you cherish. God Bless.

No comments: